PGAA Notice of Annual General Meeting-2023-06-16 08:00
Please note that the Provincial Glaziers Association of Alberta (PGAA) will hold our annual general meeting on Friday, 2023-06-16 from 08:00 to 10:00. Since 1998, the PGAA has been the voice of commercial glazing in Alberta. The purpose of the PGAA is to:
- Speak for the commercial glazing industry, in Alberta, on matters of provincial concern and interest.
- Promote the pursuit of excellence within our industry.
- Achieve and maintain compulsory certification through continuous apprenticeship training.
- Support SAIT and NAIT in publicizing and filling apprenticeship classes.
- Promote safety and environmental responsibility for the public and our glaziers.
- Promote harmonious working relationships among our members, and industry, for the benefit of the industry as a whole.
- Provide opportunities for the exchange of opinion and coordination of efforts among members.
- Encourage ethical conduct in all matters by members.
- Promote the glazing trade and construction trades overall, to potential future employees, through various mediums.
- Discuss and spread the word of new technologies, approaches, and methodologies, to all members.
- Move contract glazing work, or selected aspects therin, to a compulsory or restricted trade position, where certification and training are mandatory.
- Update on PGAA activities for the 2022/23 season.
- Update on GAMA Activities for the 2022/23 season.
- Update on GTA Activities for the 2022/23 season.
- Volunteer activity and interest, in the PGAA, GAMA and the GTA, are at a post-COVID low. Yet we are faced with an ever-changing landscape including supply chain, government interaction and regulations, and a generational manpower shortage, all of which have a massive impact on our industry, our ability to attract and retain good people, and our ability to evolve and thrive in a new reality. Where does the PGAA and the two local associations go from here? Has our purpose or mandate changed? Should it? How do we involve more volunteers?
- Update on the current PGAA board, such that it is.
- Dealing with the Skilled Trades and Apprenticeship Education Act (STAE) and the Designated Trades and Restricted Activities Regulation. What is right with this legislation? What is not? What needs to be done with it? How do we get there?
- Defining the path forward.
This meeting will be held via Microsoft Teams. To be added to the invitation and to access the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a link. Thanks in advance for your interest and participation.